History of Bandung Games
Bandung Games is an event held to gather all Malaysian students in Indonesia using sports as a medium. This event was first held in 2010 at Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia (UPI). The idea was idealized by Malaysia’s Minister of Youth and Sports, YB. Dato’ Sri Ahmad Shabery Cheek, when he was attending the Rakan Muda opening ceremony at Puri Khatulistiwa Hotel in Bandung. A variety of sports was organized such as soccer, volleyball, basketball, badminton and many more.
Bandung Games 2011 is a multi-purpose event. Besides gathering students to meet everyone, it also helps those who want to promote their products and services at Bandung Games 2011 bazaars. This is also an opportunity for Malaysian students in Indonesia to try a different discipline other than study. Bandung Games 2011 targets to deliver a platform for students to show their talents in games they participate besides connecting with others.
As young ambassadors of Malaysia in Indonesia, students are the best medium for the unity and bonding of both nations besides exchanging cultures. This year, Bandung Games 2011 welcomes the participation of Indonesian students as it is an obligatory to have Indonesian players in all games. This is in conjunction to this program’s objective which is to strengthen the bond between Malaysia and Indonesia.
1. Extending network and strengthening the solidarity amongst the Malaysian students in Indonesia through activities that will be organized in Bandung Games 2011.
2. Building a good diplomatic relationship between Malaysia and Indonesia at the grass root levels. The participation by the Indonesia counterpart (either of their government, corporate sectors and students) will create positive images and minimize any rifts between Malaysia and Indonesia.
3. Preparing Malaysian students in Indonesia to succeed both in studying and working and so that they can compete in global economy through direct interaction with many agencies, including government and corporate sectors.
4. Building the leadership, interaction, and management skills amongst Malaysian students and to encourage them to contribute even in a small way, in Bandung Games 2011.
5. Providing economic opportunities for both Malaysia and Indonesia agencies to sell and market their goods, products and services.
6. Encouraging Malaysian students to be a high achiever individual through their involvement, either directly or indirectly in this Bandung Games 2011. The best contingent will be judged and selected not only based on the medals won, but also depends on their sportsmanship.
1. Name of event : Bandung Games 2011
2. Event description : Sports event, Bazaars
3. Event date : 9th, 10th and 11th December 2011
4. Venue : Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia, Bandung
Jl. Dr. Setiabudhi No. 229 Bandung
40154 Jawa Barat, Indonesia
Phone Number: 022-2013161, 022-2013164
6. Organization : Persatuan Kebangsaan Pelajar Malaysia di Indonesia
7. Patron : Malaysia Ministry of Youth and Sports, Malaysia Embassy in Indonesia & Secretariat of Kelab UMNO Luar Negara.
16 contingents from all branches of PKPMI will be participating in the Bandung Games 2011. The games are divided into traditional and modern games where only the latter will be calculated for the best contingent award. The traditional games will be opened to public. Besides that, 30% of Indonesia students’ participation in each game will also be accounted as the marks.
These are the list of the games that will be organized in Bandung Games 2011:
7. Ping pong
8. Battle of the bands
1. Batu seremban
2. Hand wrestling
For the Best Contingent Award, the criteria do not solely rely on their performances in the games. There are some criteria need to be achieved for a contingent to be awarded as The Best Contingent of Bandung Games 2011 as stated below.
Bandung Games 2011
*For your information there is a mistake in the "Marks Section" that is not 3 points for every contingent that participated in an "Game Event" but it should be only 1 point to be given... we are sorry for the inconvenience.
Heyyy...!!! What you waiting for...?
Join Us @ Bandung Games 2011